Chicago Area Service Assembly (CASA)
The purpose of The Chicago Area Service Assembly is to serve the Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous within the Chicago metropolitan area. The Assembly should conduct area affairs in the spirit of the Twelve Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous and the Twelve Concepts for World Service.
The Chicago Area Service Assembly has the sole authority to make all decisions for and affecting Chicago Area Alcoholics Anonymous. It may delegate the performance of such authority to other committees or individuals.
The membership of the Chicago Area Service Assembly is composed of the following:
- The General Service Representatives (or their alternates) provided they have been registered with the Chicago Area Service Assembly for at least 30 days.
- The District Chairpersons (or their alternates).
- The Chairpersons of the standing committees (or their alternates).
- The Delegate, the Alternate Delegate and past Delegates to the General Service Conference.
- The Chairperson, the Alternate Chairperson and past Chairpersons of the Chicago Area Service Assembly.
- The Chicago Area Service Assembly accepts the District Delegates (and their alternates) upon registration of their names at the Chicago Area Service Office by their respective District Chairperson.
If you’d like to be of service in your district or attend a district meeting, view the map below to determine which district your meeting is in and view the District Meetings in our Calendar to attend.